We’re hiring! Responsible Person (Quality Manager) Vacancy
Responsible Person (Quality Manager) – Veterinary Wholesale (Permanent, Part-Time)
MerlinVet is hiring for the role of Responsible Person (Quality Manager). This job is ideally suited to somebody who is a qualified pharmacist (or vet) with knowledge of the pharmaceutical and/or veterinary sector.
- Hours: This role will be part-time working two days a week with the potential for the job to increase hours as the role develops
- Location: Kelso, Scottish Borders
The Responsible Person/Quality Manager will be tasked with continually improving systems and ensuring our business processes, policies, and procedures adhere to and comply with Good Distribution Practices (GDP).
MerlinVet is licensed by the MHRA, VMD, Home Office and Food Standards Scotland, and as such the key responsibilities of the Responsible Person/Quality Manager are listed below.
- Host and report on regulatory inspections
- Maintain the Quality Management System & ISO 9001 Accreditation
- Ensure Good Distribution Practice (GDP) compliance
- Write, review and/or authorise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure training programmes are implemented, maintained, and recorded
- Perform internal audits and oversee training
- Perform due diligence checks on customers and suppliers
- Quality check product recalls and returns
Required Experience & Skills:
- Pharmacy degree or relevant degree in life sciences
- Working knowledge and practical experience of VMD and MHRA regulations, ideally with time spent in distribution or dispensing of pharmaceuticals
- Quality Management System (QMS) maintenance experience to ensure maintaining ISO 9001 accreditation – particularly in a healthcare, pharmaceutical or veterinary industry
- Understanding of the veterinary and pharmaceuticals sector, how medicinal products are purchased and sold, and an awareness of how to handle, transport, store, and distribute medicinal products.
- 3+ years’ experience with pharmaceuticals or in a related industry
- Highly organised individual with good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when required and as part of a team
- Passionate about the veterinary sector and animal welfare/agricultural sector
- Wholesale experience
- Experience in distribution of veterinary products and controlled drugs
Who will I be working for?
At MerlinVet, we comprise a bespoke wholesaler, import/export business, buying group, health plan provider, and anaesthetic gas exposure monitoring service. By listening to the needs of vets we provide products, services, business solutions and support needed to run efficient and profitable practices.
MerlinVet is an equal opportunities employer, and we embrace the benefits that a diverse workforce brings. We welcome applications regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability or medical condition, ethnicity, race, religion, family status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by appropriate law.
For a full job description please click here
How do I apply?
Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to MerlinVet’s Managing Director, David Taylor by 23:59 on Thursday 6th April: